Wednesday 8 May 2013

Calamine Lotion............

Who remembers using Calamine Lotion on their Chicken Pox as kids???? I still find it pretty funny  that I had my chicken pox very late in my life. 19 years old. it was not fair at all lol, i was this grown woman of 19 walking around my house with Chicken pox, i will never forget being covered in head to toe in Calamine Lotion.
See Calamine lotion is used in treating itchiness,soothing the skin and in treating minor irritation such as mild eczema and chicken pox (we all know chicken pox is certainly not minor) but how many of you ladies know that it can be used as a beauty product? haaaaa BetYaDidntKnowThat!!!
I have combination skin,which means I usually get very oily around my T-zone by midday with or without make up on,whilst at beauty School I complained to my tutor (more like hounded her for advice and remedies) and we got discussing about brands that sell creams and primers that claim to reduce oil in the T-zone area.

Most of these creams work for about a week, after that you pretty much dump them in your make up bag like the rest-well i do anyway. One of the girls I was in the group with randomly mentioned that her mum uses calamine lotion to control excess oil on her face and has done so for 3 years, curious? yes I was.  I Googled that faster than light.  I didn't really find anything concrete on Google so i went to Boots pharmacy, yes I went to ask a pharmacist about calamine lotion on the face lol. She told me she had not heard about such idea that it made perfect sense as calamine lotion retains oil and it wasn't a contraindication to use it on the skin on your face, meanwhile she also thanked me for the idea and she was going home to try it,I laughed OUT loud.
I proceeded to buy a bottle of the "good stuff" Calamine lotion,I didn't remember it being so cheap £0.99p. I used on my face the next morning,(shake the bottle to mix, dab with cotton wool,dont rob,it may leave you looking ashy/white) after using my moisturiser,before my foundation and went about my day- I.KID.YOU.NOT for the whole day (my day ran from 9am-6pm in beauty school) i had less that 10% of the excess oil my face would normally produced, i couldn't stop telling all my friends about it, it worked.
I made all my friends get a bottle of calamine lotion and try it, at least 2 of them still swear by this till this day.
Apart from this being a very cheap primer,its an easy way to control oil too and Calamine Lotion also kills bacteria that may cause pimples so either way you cant lose,you get reduced oil on your face and you kill bacteria that may cause you spots. HA.
I wouldn't recommend you ladies with dry skin to use Calamine Lotion as its very drying and can make your skin tight but i will definitely post more on combating dry problems in my future posts.

Yes i still use Calamine lotion everytime i wear make up. :-)
Try it, let me know how it goes.

BeauTeebox
xx

3 comments:

  1. Would definetly try this as I have combination skin on my face. Very oily T-zone lol. Hope this works

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try this

    ReplyDelete