Tuesday 6 August 2013

DIY!!! Go on DO IT YOURSELF!

Okay so I must apologise for not posting for a very long time. It happens so lets forgive me and move on. Ha. I hope everyone is having a lovely summer whatever part of the world you are in. 

By show of hands how many of my readers wear eye make up and usually purchase eye make up remover, because 1) its gentle enough for the delicate eye areas 2) it claims to keep the eye area wrinkle free? ME!!! ME! *raises both hands*.  Its no secret that the skin around our eye area is delicate and usually one of the first areas that gives our age away when we eventually start to show aging signs *cringe* however, caring for the eye area needn't cost a fortune, especially those expensive eye make up remover that claim to keep wrinkles at bay. 

Lets be honest now, its expensive being a girl,its even more expensive being a girly girl,but not to fret,i created this blog to share my beauty hints and findings with everybody, besides I believe I was created to save you money. Lol. Yes. Would you like to make your own make up remover???? With the fewest ingredients that you can find in your own kitchen? Well. Read. On. And. Let. Me. Show.You. How. To. Create. Your. Own. D.I.Y Eye Make-up Remover.
What I love about this make up remover is the fact that it has very few ingredients and i know exactly whats in it so i don't need to be reading for ingredients to know what i'm putting on my skin.
Just 2 ingredients. How awesome.
As if you didn't know already, but Olive oil has many benefits in fighting off skin problems that include eczema, dark spots, sun burns, wrinkles, burns and various other blemishes on the skin. The healing properties in olive oil helps soothe the skin and promotes quick healing.
Water obviously has many benefits on the skin which we are all aware of.

To create the eye make up remover you need:

You would need a bottle ideally plain see through,(i like to be able to see the colour and what happens when i shake.




Extra virgin olive oil, which you can find in your kitchen, or in your local supermarket for those that do not use olive oil for everything like myself.



Purified water, now i wondered if you can use normal bottled water as purified water? I usually buy the big bottle of "purified water" from cosmetics stores like sallys but if you are going to use normal bottled water i would suggest use a filter or perhaps boil it in the kettle and allow it to totally cool.

what your mixture would look like.
what you do with the mixture is simple as A B C, no need to measure, you need to fill the bottle 80% up (to allow shaking), purified water would be 50% and extra virgin olive oil 30% and shake rigorously in the bottle before each use and when that runs out just make more!!!!

Don't limit the use of the mixture around your eyes spread the goodness, it can be used on the whole face and neck. if its good/gentle enough for your eyes, its certainly good enough for your whole face, besides you know whats inside it, all good stuff.

I hope I have saved you some money with this post and i hope you try it.

thanks for reading.
Beauteebox.



3 comments:

  1. Hi I discovered your blog today and I must tell you,I love it! Please I have a question that needs an urgent answer cos am going out of my mind. I used to have a dark glowing skin,both face and body. Somewhere along the line it all went wrong. Like I can't seem to lay my hands on a nice product for my face and body. My complexion is confused right now and I promise you I don't want to bleach or become lighter. I just want my brown complexion back. I use QEI+ carrot oil soap and have neutrogena range that I am yet to open. I am totally lost I need your help please. I want my brown glowing skin back not this reddish complexion with patches. Help a sister! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading,i can relate to you so much,sometimes you get your skin acting up,i think the first thing you need to do is abandon any moisturiser or soap that has any chemicals in it so you can get your skin back to normal, i would then suggest for body you use the home made scrub in my other post twice a week, and just use the shower gel on the rest of the other days. Its very gentle and wont irritate your skin or cause any redness.And for moisturising Bio oil and pure shea butter mixed together works wonders for us dark skinned ladies. It will replenish your skin from any damages creams has done to it,just dont use too much shea butter (its really rich and can get too greasy) And for face i would recommend aveeno,its very gentle and non greasy. i hope this helps alittle, if you are on twitter please follow me and tweet at me, i can give you any further recommendations, if not send me an email beauteeboxx@gmail.com il be more than happy to reply.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much hun,you don't know what you have done for me. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete