Wednesday 8 May 2013

Bags!!! Bags!! Bags!! Under-eye Bags.

I have heard countless times that Green Tea is good for us,they give us reasons why its good for us blah blah blah. I am not a fan of drinking teas,I am a hot chocolate kina gal. I like my everything Hot Chocolate from my Men to my drinks to fav colours LOL, ok, im drifting,back to the situation.I am not a Tea fan. I did,however get fascinated with green tea and its goodness after following an account on Twitter,the account regularly tweets health tips like how long you should stay on a treadmill for each time you work out and how much water you should drink daily,they recently tweeted about some of the advantages of drinking Green tea-they included that it helps to get rid of toxins,helps to boost blood circulation and helps in sleeping better at night.
I have to say out of all their tweets one that stood out to me the most was the one about Green Tea helping to reduce under eye bags!!!! i thought huh???? Surely drinking Green Tea can not reduce under eye bags?!?!! *New York City accent* (Gurllllll) little did i know. I twitted at them and asked so I was sent a link where i read that you are supposed to use the tea bags after making tea out of them as compress. LOL i was baffled. 
I have always battled with puffy eyes since my teen years,whether or not i was tired or got enough sleep i have always had it. So next day i went to get Green tea,i got the ORGANIC (i got organic because i damn sure were not going to put any crap on my face,that has not been proven to work) ones from my local supermarket,went home and made tea.
Needless to say the Green tea actually tasted nice but i am not here to write about tea.  After the tea bags had cooled i placed each one on my each eye for 15minutes. After removing the bags,I was actually shocked because i did notice a slight change,now I was not expecting any changes (im cynical like that) but i have to be honest i did see a small reduction in the size of the puffiness.  This is obviously not a permanent solution to puffy eyes (adequate rest, loads of water and stress-free living is) but its worth sticking with this until i lose momentum and interest or until I hear of a different remedy to combat it.
Bear in mind everyone is different,what works for me may not work for you but i would encourage you to actually try this.

 Make a cup of Green tea using two teabags, then use the bags on your eyes. Make sure they've cooled before placing them on your eyes and that the bags aren't too wet or dripping, as the tea may irritate your eyes. Relax with them on your eyes for about 15 minutes.





The first pictures shows the green tea i use now, it tastes yummy too lol.

I hope this helps someone and please do leave comments and let me know how it goes .


BeauTeeBox 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment