Tuesday 7 May 2013

Home made Body Scrub

Hello BeauTEEful ladies....
So this is my first blog entry, I have finally rebuked the spirit of procrastination and created a blog, lol.  Here, i am going to be sharing everything i learnt from my 16 months at beauty school and also things that i have tried and tested that works for me. It may sometimes just be pictures to show you my discoveries,other times it may be quotes(beauty related) and sometimes it will be a combination of all three. 
Okay,this first entry is about how i make my Body Scrub at home,hands up how many of you ladies really exfoliate your skin regularly? I will not lie i only do it on weekends or when I remember to buy a new body scrub,lets be honest now ladies most of us don't do it as often as we should(twice a week). We shed skin cells everyday so we should really endeavor to exfoliate as regularly as possible (keeps your skin looking smooth and young,those are good enough reasons for me lol).
I recently stopped buying body scrubs solely because they don't last me long,they usually come in a measly 200ml bottles but I like to indulge and i also find that most of them don't put enough stones/beads or whatever you wish to call them,therefore i make my own scrubs.
This is really what this post is about. To make your own scrub is really simple and easy,i also recommend you make it 5 minutes before you jump in the shower to ensure that the sugar does not soften too much which you don't really want. 
I tend not to measure at all as i know how much is enough to shower with.
A handful of Brown Sugar,(no special brand, just about any brand from a local supermarket) I pour into a small bowl,and add some natural honey (again from a local supermarket) now you need to make sure you do not add too much honey to the point that the Sugar is completely saturated,the honey is really to hold the sugar together and its also good for collagen production and helps in minimizing fine lines so afew drops should be okay.
Finally add your shower gel,I like to use Palmolive Milk&Honey as it has honey in it already,You can use any shower gel of your choice but Palmolive works for me. Please bear in mind also that you don't want to completely saturate the two other ingredients with your shower gel so be easy on the bottle lol. Add enough shower gel that you would normally use for your day to day shower,what we need is for the sugar to be able to rid your skin off all the dead skin cells lingering.
Mix the 3 rigorously with your hand,making sure you can feel the roughness of the sugar, to test if there's enough sugar in the mix, exfoliate your hands and feel the smoothness after,if you feel you need more sugars then go ahead add more if not then VOILA!














Happy new skin xxx
Hope this post helped someone,leave a comment BeauTEEful ladies let me know how it goes.
BeauTeeBox.




2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I didn't actually know this but thanks tho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg! This sounds great. Easy to do with easily sourced ingredients without breaking the bank!
    Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete